This article contains Spoilers from recently released or upcoming media.
Han was born on the planet of Correllia and became a smuggler in his early years. He won a bet to Lando Calrissian on the Millennium Falcon and took the ship as his own. He was known to have interacted with the individual known as Qi'Ra.
Solo started smuggling for Jabba the Hutt and became his best smuggler although a bounty ended up on his head from the crime lord later on.
Solo and "Chewie" met Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker on Tatooine who payed them to take them to Alderaan. Greedo arrived to force Jabba's payment but Han blasted him after a short confrontation. Arriving at the docking bay, Han met Jabba who gave him one more chance to pay him. When they arrived, Alderaan was gone and the Falcon was taken into the Death Star by a Tractor Beam.
They escaped after rescuing Princess Leia Organa but Obi-Wan didn't make it off having been killed by Darth Vader.
Solo claimed he was going to "Leave" and he begins readying the Falcon for departure on Yavin IV. However, Solo and Chewbacca arrived just in time on board the Falcon during the Battle of Yavin and shot Vader's wingmen down while crippling the sith lords TIE Fighter allowing Luke to shoot down the shaft and destroy the battle station. Luke, Chewbacca and Han all received medals for their bravery after the battle.
Han took part in the Assault on Cymoon 1 and his relationship with Leia grew. After the battles, Han told Luke that he thought that Vader died but Luke knew this wasn't true and that the Dark Lord survived.
- "Han, who is it? Who's found us?"
"Why bother asking him? He'd just lie. It's the only thing he's ever been good at. I should know. The name is Sana Solo. I'm his wife."
- ―Leia, Sana and Han
Sana Starros began searching for Han, claiming to be his wife at this point and found him with Leia and Chewbacca. There was an awkward moment between the three but Leia and Han escaped to Sana's dismay. Sana was later revealed not to be married to Han.
Han planned to leave before the Battle of Hoth but was delayed again when Darth Vader and General Veers attacked Echo Base. He took Leia into space in the Millennium Falcon, but was pursued by Vader and Death Squadron. Han and Leia shared a kiss while making repairs on the ship. After escaping the imperials, they headed to Cloud City on Bespin where they are met by Lando Calrissian. They realised too late that it was a trap and that Lando had betrayed them\. Han was frozen in Carbonite as a test for Vader who wanted to freeze Skywalker the same way. Before he was frozen, Leia told Han that she loved him and Han responded with the words "I Know". Boba Fett took him on Slave I to Tatooine where Jabba was waiting.
Luke Skywalker launched a rescue mission along with Lando, Chewbacca, Leia and the two droids. Leia managed to melt the carbonite but they failed to escape. They were transported to the Great Pit of Carkoon to be fed to the Sarlaac but they rebelled and fought the thugs. Han rescued Lando from the hungry Sarlaac and they escaped after Leia strangled Jabba.
"I Love You"
―Solo and Organa
Han was a General in the Battle of Endor while Lando took the Falcon against the Second Death Star. Lando had previously promised Han he wouldn't give the Falcon a scratch. After being captured by Ewoks and finally becoming part of their tribe, the strike team successfully destroyed the shield generator, powering the only thing that blocked the Rebel Fleet from their target. Han celebrated with everyone afterwards on Endor.
The following day, Han and his team continued to rid the moon of Imperials in order to not leave any in "the Ewok's backyard" as Han put it. They discovered later on through the Imperial bases they raided around the place that the war definitely wasn't over and Operation: Cinder had started.
Soon after the Battle on Endor, the Rebels transformed into the New Republic. After marrying Leia, regardless of what the New Republic wished him to do, Han Solo and Chewbacca gathered all their smuggling friends and those that owed Han favors to infiltrate and free Chewbacca's home planet of Kashyyyk as they had heard that the Imperial presence would be decreased for a short time. A team including Norra Wexley, Temmin Wexley, Jas Emari, Sinjir Rath-Velus, Jom Barrel and Mister Bones found the pair after they had gone missing.
Han struggled to make the transition into the new life with the New Republic. Leia eventually gave birth to a son - Ben Solo and they lived as a family for a short amount of time before Leia sent Ben off to train with Luke Skywalker and become a Jedi. (In Legends, Han and Leia had three children named Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin. All three were force-sensitive and were trained in Luke's training academy. However, these events are non-confirmed canon, but some declare them factual events.) Han and Chewbacca lost the Millennium Falcon during this period and Han started a business while Leia was a senator in the New Republic Senate. Chewbacca retired to his home planet during this time. When Leia saw the rise of the First Order and the fall of the New Republic coming, she left the senate and joined with a few loyal friends to create the Resistance. Soon afterwards, Snoke turned Ben to the dark side and he became Kylo Ren, master of the Knights of Ren. Han left Leia and reunited with Chewbacca in search of their lost ship, the Millennium Falcon.
First Order WarEdit
During the conflict between the Resistance and the First Order, Han and Chewbacca were still in the smuggling business in a large freighter - the Eravana. While transporting a cargo of three Rathtars that they collected from an unknown planet, Han and Chewbacca were pleased when they found the Falcon floating in space near the desert planet of Jakku. They managed to use a tractor beam, and brought their old vessel back. Once the two were onboard the Falcon, they heard a noise and found two stowaways that were responsible for flying the Falcon. The stowaways were Jakku scavenger Rey and former First Order Stormtrooper Finn, who he assumed were the thieves that had stolen the Falcon, but the two were able to explain that Unkar Plutt was the thief. Seeing that they aren't enemies, Rey and Finn explained that they were going to take a droid named BB-8 to the Resistance as he had a map that would the location of Solo's old friend and brother-in-law Luke Skywalker. Han was surprised to hear this and told the youngsters that the legends of the Jedi and the dark side were all true.
Unfortunately, the freighter was boarded by the Guavian Death Gang and Kanjiklub Gang, whom Solo was in debt to. Not wanting Rey and Finn to be involved, Han placed both of them in the lower corridors of the freighter while he and his friend went to meet with the criminals, and talk their way out of the situation and bringing BB-8 with them. Confronted and trapped by the two gangs, Han tried to reason and convince both gangs that he would fix things, but Bala-tik of the Guavian Gang ordered a search of the ship, noticing BB-8 as the exact type of droid that the First Order was currently searching for. Rey accidentally let out the Rathars that Solo was holding on the ship and created a diversion. They all escaped in the Millennium Falcon and since Chewie was wounded, Rey helped Han as co-pilot. As Solo didn't wish to see Leia, he took the group to Takodana, where an old mentor of Han's - Maz Kanata gave them advice. The First Order arrived and captured Rey and BB-8. Han met with Leia soon after. Leia told Han to "Bring him home", referring to Kylo. Han explained that Luke failed to redeem Kylo but Leia told him that while Luke was a Jedi, Han was his father.
Death EditHan, Chewbacca and Finn crash land on the base and enter. Rey escaped and they set explosives. Han ended up facing Kylo on a bridge while Finn and Rey watched from a platform above with Chewbacca from another. A couple of Stormtroopers arrived on another platform and Han and Kylo stepped towards each other talking. Han tried to bring Kylo back by telling him that Snoke, his master, was just using him for his power. He tried to convince him to come home and told him that they missed him. A conflicted Kylo handed Han his lightsaber when his father told him he would do anything to help his son. Kylo then activated the blade in his father's hands and it stabbed him. Han felt his son's face before Kylo pulled the blade out. Han's body fell off the edge of the bridge.
Leia, back at the Resistance Base, felt Han's death through the force. Chewbacca went into a wild rampage, shooting the stormtroopers down and then attacking Kylo, who got wounded from the angry wookie's shots. Finn and Rey eventually both duelled Kylo, Rey defeating Han's killer but not destroying him.
Personality and Traits Edit
"I was kicked out of the flight academy for having a mind of my own." - Han SoloSolo always seemed to go back to smuggling, not liking new things. Although he claimed to hate the Rebellion, the Resistance and the New Republic, he always seemed to return to them showing loyalty. He was reckless and didn't say something was impossible until he had tried it. He loved his ship - the Millennium Falcon and was very protective of it.
Skills and Abilities Edit
"I'm gonna be a pilot...best in the galaxy." - Han SoloSolo was great with a blaster, being able to shoot a stormtrooper behind him without even turning. He always said that he was great at talking his way out of situations although it always ended with blasters. He was a very capable pilot and flew the Falcon better than anyone else.
To be added
Behind the Scenes Edit
Han was not set to survive the Original Trilogy but for unknown reasons did, allowing for his role in Episode VI The Force Awakens but he doesn't return in Episodes Eight or Nine since he dies in the film. Han was also set to appear in episode III the Revenge of the Sith but did not make the final cut. Solo: A Star Wars Story was announced and the title wasn't revealed to much later a trailer is now out for the film.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: Force Arena
- Lost Stars (Mentioned only)
- Lost Stars webcomic
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Escape from Darth Vader (Appears in final page illustration only)
- A New Hope Golden Book
- Episode IV: A New Hope Read-Along Storybook and CD
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- Star Wars: Heroes Path
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: Battle Pod
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- A Leader Named Leia
- The Luckless Rodian
- Not for Nothing
- We Don't Serve Their Kind Here
- The Kloo Horn Cantina Caper
- Added Muscle (Mentioned only)
- You Owe Me a Ride (Mentioned only)
- The Secrets of Long Snoot
- Born in the Storm (Indirect mention only)
- Of MSE-6 and Men
- End of Watch (Voice only)
- The Baptist
- Time of Death
- Desert Son (Indirect mention only)
- Grounded (Voice only)
- The Angle (Mentioned only)
- By Whatever Sun
- Princess Leia, Part I
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- Smuggler's Run
- Han and the Rebel Rescue
- Princess Leia, Part II (Indirect mention only)
- Princess Leia, Part V
- "Tales from Wild Space: The Flat Mountain of Yavin"—Star Wars Adventures 2
- Chewbacca, Part I (Mentioned only in opening crawl)
- Heir to the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Han Solo, Part I
- Han Solo, Part II
- Han Solo, Part III
- Han Solo, Part IV
- Han Solo, Part V
- The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 1: Skywalker Strikes
- Star Wars 2: Skywalker Strikes, Part II
- Star Wars 3: Skywalker Strikes, Part III
- Darth Vader 1: Vader (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars 4: Skywalker Strikes, Part IV
- Star Wars 5: Skywalker Strikes, Part V
- Star Wars 6: Skywalker Strikes, Part VI
- Star Wars 8: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part I
- Star Wars 9: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part II
- Star Wars 10: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part III
- Star Wars 11: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part IV
- Star Wars 12: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part V
- Vader Down, Part I
- Darth Vader 13: Vader Down, Part II
- Star Wars 13: Vader Down, Part III
- Darth Vader 14: Vader Down, Part IV
- Star Wars 14: Vader Down, Part V
- Darth Vader 15: Vader Down, Part VI
- Star Wars 16: Rebel Jail, Part I
- Star Wars 17: Rebel Jail, Part II
- Star Wars 18: Rebel Jail, Part III
- Star Wars 19: Rebel Jail, Part IV
- Star Wars 22: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part II
- Star Wars 23: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part III
- Star Wars 24: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part IV
- Star Wars 25: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part V
- Star Wars 26: Yoda's Secret War, Part I
- Star Wars Annual 2
- The Screaming Citadel, Part I
- Star Wars 31: The Screaming Citadel, Part II
- Doctor Aphra 7: The Screaming Citadel, Part III
- Star Wars 32: The Screaming Citadel, Part IV
- Doctor Aphra 8: The Screaming Citadel, Part V
- Star Wars 33: Rebels in the Wild (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 34: The Thirteen Crates
- Star Wars 35: The Hutt Run
- Star Wars 36: Revenge of the Astromech (Voice only)
- Star Wars 37: Imperial Pride
- Star Wars 38: The Ashes of Jedha, Part I
- Star Wars 42: The Ashes of Jedha, Part V
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – Storms of Crait
- Star Wars Annual 3
- Star Wars: Commander
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Use the Force! (Vision)
- The Empire Strikes Back Golden Book
- Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back Read-Along Storybook and CD
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- An Imperial Feast
- Rescue from Jabba's Palace
- Ewoks Join the Fight
- Return of the Jedi Golden Book
- Episode VI: Return of the Jedi Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- Shattered Empire, Part I
- Shattered Empire, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Shattered Empire, Part III
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- "Scorched"—Star Wars Insider 165
- Before the Awakening (Mentioned only)
- Poe Dameron 9: The Gathering Storm, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Poe Dameron 14: Legend Lost, Part I (Mentioned only)
- Poe Dameron 15: Legend Lost, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- "Tracker Trouble"
- Han & Chewie Return!
- Chaos at the Castle
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens: Rey's Story
- The Force Awakens: Finn's Story
- The Force Awakens Golden Book
- The Force Awakens Read-Along Storybook and CD
- The Force Awakens, Part II
- The Force Awakens, Part III
- The Force Awakens, Part IV
- The Force Awakens, Part V
- The Force Awakens, Part VI
- Rolling with BB-8!
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Captain Phasma, Part I (Mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- Captain Phasma, Part II (Indirectly mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- Captain Phasma, Part III (Indirectly mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- Captain Phasma, Part IV (Indirectly mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- —Star Wars Adventures Ashcan (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (Mentioned only)