| More to add, have you?
It is requested that this article/section of an article be expanded. Once the article contains more information, this template will be removed.
The New Republic fought the remains of the Galactic Empire. 30 years after the Battle of Endor, several Senators aided the Resistance in their fight against the First Order. Starkiller Base destroyed many of the Republic's warships and the planets in the Hosnian system to stop them from helping the Resistance.
Behind the Scenes Edit
The New Republic was a galactic government first created in the Expanded Universe, starting with an appearance in The Thrawn Trilogy of Bantam Spectra novels in 1991.
In 1997, as part of the extra scenes produced for the Special Edition of Return of the Jedi, an extra can be heard shouting "Long Live the Republic", the first reference to this government in the films. This trivia was documented by Pablo Hidalgo in a Starwars.com article on February 4, 2009.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (Mentioned only in 1997 Special Edition soundmix as "the Republic")
- Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Part III (Mentioned only in opening credits)
- Aftermath (First appearance, simultaneous with Lost Stars)
- Lost Stars (First appearance, simultaneous with Aftermath)
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Star Wars Battlefront
- "The Perfect Weapon" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens