| Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, You're my only hope!
This Article is in need of serious expanding. Once the state of this article is acceptable, replace this template with Template:Expand.
"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause"
-Padme commenting on the Republic becoming the Empire
Padmé Naberrie, or Padmé Amidala was a Human Female, first Queen Amidala of Naboo and later, the planets Senator. Padmé married the jedi Anakin Skywalker in secret and was the mother of Luke and Leia Skywalker.
Amidala was born on Naboo in 46 BBY to Ruwee Naberrie and Jobal Naberrie being the younger of two sisters. Her older sister Sola Naberrie grew up on the planet and Amidala devoted herself to the community at a young age. Joining the Apprentice Legislators at eight she eventually met a slightly older boy named Palo Jemabie when she was twelve who she fell in love with. The relationship didn't last long and the two split up.
A couple of years later Amidala was elected queen of Naboo and was given five loyal handmaidens, one of who would serve as a decoy in dangerous situations.
Invasion of Naboo Edit
The Trade Federation, led by Nute Gunray blockaded Naboo and invaded Theed in order to attempt to get Amidala to sign a treaty to legitimise his invasion in the Galactic Republic's eyes. When Amidala wouldn't cooperate he sent her, Captain Quarsh Panaka and the other prisoners to camp four. Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi with the Gungan Jar Jar Binks, intercepted the group and destroyed the droid escorts. The group escaped on Amidala's royal starship and made for Coruscant. However, while trying to get through the blockade the ship was heavily damaged and was only saved by R2-D2 last minute.
The ship was landed on Tatooine in order to get the parts needed to fix it and Qui-Gon led a group into Mos Espa. Amidala disguised as her handmaiden and called herself Padmé Naberrie and got Panaka to insist that she went with them. Qui-Gon was reluctant but allowed her to accompany them. They went to Watto's shop and tried to reason with him but he refused their credits. In the shop, Padmé was spotted by a young Anakin Skywalker who was a slave to Watto. Anakin asked her if she was an angel and she thought he was odd but sweet.
Anakin brought the group to his house for the night where they met his mother Shmi and Padmé went into his room where he showed her C-3PO - still unfinished. Anakin offered to race in a podrace using a podracer he had been secretly building to win the parts Qui-Gon needed for the ship. Qui-Gon discovered that Anakin was indeed force-sensitive and had a midi-chlorian count larger then even Master Yoda that night as they prepared for the race. Qui-Gon also bargained to have Anakin set free from slavery if he won the race but Watto was confident in Sebulba. Amidala watched the race from the viewing stand with Shmi and the others. Anakin managed to win against all odds and overtake Sebulba in the last straight. Amidala returned to the ship with Jar Jar and R2-D2 while Qui-Gon went to get Anakin's things to bring him to Coruscant and train him as a Jedi. Amidala took her role as queen again and the ship took off when Darth Maul attacked Qui-Gon and Anakin on the way there.
Arriving on Coruscant, Amidala immediately met with Senator Sheev Palpatine. Chancellor Valorum was not going to allow any aid to Naboo and Palpatine and Amidala called for a "Vote of No Confidence". Palpatine ended up in the running for Chancellor but Amidala decided to return to Naboo and liberate it herself. Anakin had been refused by the Jedi High Council and was forced to return to Naboo with them. Amidala told Qui-Gon her plan to unite the Gungans and the Naboo. He wasn't too optimistic about the plan but they immediately seeked out the Gungans anyway. Finding them in their sacred place, Sabé as the Queen attempted to reason with them but Boss Nass wouldn't listen to her. Amidala decided to reveal herself as the real Queen and stepped forward, shocking not only the Gungans but also some of her friends such as Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Anakin. She bowed before Nass who finally agreed to fight the Trade Federation.
Battle of Naboo Edit
"After her! This one's a decoy" - Nute GunrayWhile the Gungans drew out the army into the grassy plains near Theed, Amidala, her team of guards and handmaidens, Anakin, R2-D2 and the Jedi infiltrated the city. Upon reaching the hangar the group managed to free the pilots who were being held hostage who then got into the N-1 fighters and attacked the droid control ship above. Amidala witnessed Darth Maul's arrival and Qui-Gon told her that the Jedi would take care of him while she continued with the mission. While the Jedi duelled Maul and the space and grassy plains battles were happening simultaneously, Amidala and her team infiltrated the palace to get to Nute Gunray. They went through the levels of the palace, killing droids. At one point when they were surrounded, Amidala and her men used the winch gadget on their blasters to pull themselves up from a window at one level to the window above. They reached Gunray who had them surrounded but Sabé arrived out the door and yelled at them. Gunray ordered all his droids to follow her, believing Amidala to be the decoy. Amidala tossed Panaka a gun and they jammed the doors, trapping Gunray and Rune Haako inside with them. Amidala told Gunray that they would discuss a new treaty.
Following the battle, Amidala attended Qui-Gon's funeral and then was part of a large celebration that honored the new covenant between the Naboo and the Gungans. She handed a large blue sphere to Boss Nass as a token of their alliance. Amidala shared a secret smile with Anakin, who had now been accepted into the Jedi Order.
Senator of Naboo Edit
Palpatine became Supreme Chancellor and then after her two terms of queen had expired Amidala was replaced with Jamilia. The people wanted to change the rules to allow Amidala to rule for longer but she refused. Jamilia offered her the position of Senator after she became Queen and Amidala couldn't refuse.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (film)
- Supply Lines (Mentioned only)
- Ambush (Appears in flashback(s))
- Destroy Malevolence
- Bombad Jedi
- Cloak of Darkness (Appears in flashback(s))
- Dooku Captured
- The Gungan General
- Blue Shadow Virus
- Mystery of a Thousand Moons
- The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
- Senate Spy
- Lightsaber Lost (Appears in flashback(s))
- The Mandalore Plot (Appears in flashback(s))
- Duchess of Mandalore
- Sphere of Influence
- The Academy (Appears in flashback(s))
- Evil Plans
- Hostage Crisis
- Hunt for Ziro (Appears in flashback(s))
- Heroes on Both Sides
- Pursuit of Peace
- Senate Murders
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (Indirect mention only)
- Overlords (Mentioned only)
- Ghosts of Mortis (Vision to Anakin Skywalker)
- Water War
- Gungan Attack
- Shadow Warriors
- Mercy Mission (Appears in hologram)
- Nomad Droids (Appears in hologram)
- A Friend in Need
- Crisis on Naboo
- "The Imposter Inside"
- The Wrong Jedi
- An Old Friend
- The Rise of Clovis
- Crisis of Heart
- The Disappeared Part I
- A Distant Echo (Gunship art only)
- Dark Disciple
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 1: The Chosen One, Part I (Appears in flashback(s))
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 2: The Chosen One, Part II (Mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- Ahsoka (Mentioned only)
- Lords of the Sith (Mentioned only)
- Relics of the Old Republic (Appears on poster only)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy – A Graphic Novel (Indirect mention only)
- Princess Leia, Part II (Depicted on mural)
- Heir to the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader 4: Vader, Part IV (Appears in flashback(s))
- Darth Vader 6: Vader, Part VI (Appears in flashback(s))
- Darth Vader 10: Shadows and Secrets, Part IV (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader 11: Shadows and Secrets, Part V (Mentioned only in opening crawl)
- Darth Vader 24: End of Games, Part V (Vision to Darth Vader)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First mentioned)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side! (Mentioned only)
- Bloodline (Mentioned only) (First identified as Padmé Amidala Naberrie)