| Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, You're my only hope!
This Article is in need of serious expanding. Once the state of this article is acceptable, replace this template with Template:Expand.
R2-D2 was an R2-series Astromech Droid first owned by Queen Amidala then by Anakin Skywalker. After briefly being owned by Bail Organa and Captain Antilles, he finally came to ownership of Luke Skywalker.
Life on Naboo Edit
Repairing the Queen's ship Edit
When two Jedi, Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi, free the pilots of the ship from Trade Federation Battle Droids, they take the Queen in the ship to try and get past the blockade. On the way, the ship was hit on the Shield Generator. The droids were sent out on top to fix the problem and they all were eventually shot off except R2 who survived to fix the ship and enable the crew to escape.
Tatooine and Meeting C-3PO Edit
R2 went with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to Mos Espa when they landed on Tatooine. He met his future and master Anakin Skywalker and his future counterpart C-3PO, created by Anakin. Anakin won the Boonta Eve Classic and not only gets Qui-Gon the parts he needs to fix the Hyperdrive of the Royal Starship, but also frees himself from slavery.
Battle of Naboo Edit
R2 follows Anakin into an N-1 Starfighter during the Battle of Naboo and helps him survive the Vulture Droids when he accidentally takes off and joins the battle. They enter the Droid Control ship and blow it up from the inside, leaving just in time.
Becoming Anakin's droid Edit
R2-D2 went with Anakin Skywalker & Padmé Amidala, the former queen, again to Naboo many years later where the two tried not to give into their feelings for each other. When Anakin had visions of his mother dying, he accompanied them to Tatooine although they were under strict orders to stay on Naboo.
Reuniting with C-3PO Edit
R2 reunited with C-3PO who had been upgraded with silver platings. After Anakin finds his mother, who dies in his arms, R2 and C-3PO accompany them to Geonosis to save Obi-Wan Kenobi from the newly formed Confederacy of Independent Systems.
Battle of Geonosis Edit
Entering the droid factories, C-3PO is rearranged as a Battle Droid while his body gains a Battle Droid head. R2 takes part in the Battle of Geonosis where he fixes C-3PO. R2 survives the Battle and continues to serve Anakin Skywalker during the Clone Wars as he becomes a powerful Jedi Knight and trains Padawan Ahsoka Tano.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- The Hidden Enemy
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (film)
- Rising Malevolence
- Shadow of Malevolence
- Destroy Malevolence
- Downfall of a Droid
- Duel of the Droids
- Blue Shadow Virus
- Mystery of a Thousand Moons
- Storm Over Ryloth
- Cargo of Doom
- Children of the Force
- Senate Spy
- Weapons Factory
- Voyage of Temptation
- The Zillo Beast
- The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
- Death Trap
- R2 Come Home
- ARC Troopers
- Evil Plans
- The Citadel
- Citadel Rescue
- Mercy Mission
- Nomad Droids
- Slaves of the Republic
- Escape from Kadavo
- A Friend in Need
- Tipping Points
- The Gathering
- A Test of Strength
- Bound for Rescue
- A Necessary Bond
- Secret Weapons
- A Sunny Day in the Void
- Missing in Action
- Point of No Return
- An Old Friend
- The Rise of Clovis
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Droids in Distress
- Droids in Distress
- Battle to the End (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Blood Sisters
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- A New Hope Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Escape from Darth Vader
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
- Star Wars: Princess Leia
- Heir to the Jedi
- The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
- Star Wars 1: Skywalker Strikes
- Star Wars 2: Skywalker Strikes, Part II
- Star Wars 3: Skywalker Strikes, Part III
- Star Wars 4: Skywalker Strikes, Part IV
- Star Wars 5: Skywalker Strikes, Part V
- Star Wars 6: Skywalker Strikes, Part VI
- Star Wars 7: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi: "The Last of His Breed"
- Star Wars 8: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part I
- Star Wars 9: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part II
- Star Wars 10: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part III (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 11: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part IV
- Star Wars 12: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part V
- Star Wars: Vader Down, Part I
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 13: Vader Down, Part II
- Star Wars 13: Vader Down, Part III
- Star Wars 16: Rebel Jail, Part I
- Star Wars 18: Rebel Jail, Part III
- Star Wars 19: Rebel Jail, Part IV
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars: Commander
- "Beasts of Echo Base"
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Use the Force!
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Return of the Jedi Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Part I
- Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Part III (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Part IV
- Aftermath (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (Novel)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens junior novelization
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi